ShirodharaShiro- headDhara– pouring a warm liquid in the form of a continuous stream over the body or affected area (here it is poured over the forehead)Shirodhara is synonymous to Nirvana. This therapy addresses psychological as well as psychosomatic disorders. It is generally stated as relaxation therapy alone in various descriptions and reports. In our blog, we want to speak about the therapeutic effect and benefits of Shirodhara. Types: Taila Shirodhara (medicated oil) Ksheera Shirodhara (medicated milk) Takra Shirodhara (medicated buttermilk) Kashaya Shirodhara (medicated coconut water or decoction)
Effective for: · Cures Anxiety
· Cures Depression
· Relieves Stress
· Insomnia is alleviated.
· Eases Headache
· Dandruff is eliminated
· Hairfall is reduced
· Blood pressure Is balanced
· Effective for patients suffering from Cerebellar Ataxia
· Very effective for patients suffering from Neurodegenerative disorders
· Also effective for people suffering from Dementia Procedure: Shirodhara is a procedure of continuously pouring 2 liters of warm liquid in a steady stream over the forehead. The types are classified depending on the liquid used for dhara. The liquid is decided by the Doctor as per condition or illness. Shirodhara starts with a light head massage for a few minutes after which the person needs to lie down on the Traditional Pathi (massage table). Eyes will be protected using small cotton cushions so that the liquid does not enter the eyes and the person should keep calm and relax the body and mind. Shirodhara begins with continuously pouring of medicated liquid on to the forehead in a rhythmic oscillating manner. The duration of therapy is 45-60 minutes relying on the state of the patient. Shirodhara is part of Bahiparimarjan chikitsa (external/non-invasive therapy) which is very effective in reducing stress, helps in good sleep, normalizes functions of the pituitary gland and improves blood flow in the brain.
Hyperacidity (Amlapitta) is one of the most common diseases seen in society. It is seen in all ages, all classes, and all communities. Hyperacidity refers to a set of symptoms caused by an imbalance between the acid-secreting mechanism of the stomach and proximal intestine and the protective mechanisms that ensure their safety. The stomach normally secretes acid that is essential in the digestive process. When there is excess production of acid in the stomach, it results in the condition known as acidity. In Ayurveda, Hyperacidity is known as Amlapitta, as by its name, amla means the sour taste and pitta means the imbalance of the pitta dosha that has caused this disease. Individuals with the pitta constitution often suffer from acidity, hyperacidity or heartburn. According to Ayurveda things that aggravate Pitta dosha are anger, spicy food, excessive smoking and alcohol, heated environment, etc. that can cause an imbalance in pitta, leading to hyperacidity.
Common symptoms of Hyperacidity– If you see any of these common symptoms daily for a long period of time then you certainly have hyperacidity.
· Upper abdominal and chest burning sensation
· Constant thirst
· Sour belching
· Feeling restlessness
Causes of Hyperacidity-
· Having long gaps between meals when the stomach is empty- Following food habits like long gaps between meals when the stomach is empty can lead to acidity.
· Skipping certain meals- Skipping breakfast especially can lead to acidity
· Sleeping just after eating- Sleeping right after eating a meal can cause hyperacidity
· Constant acid reflux when the lower esophageal sphincter doesn’t close properly, allowing the digestive juices and other contents to rise up into your esophagus, causing hyperacidity.
· Inadequate blood flow to the stomach can cause stomach ulcer- Due to low blood flow in the stomach or also due to excess acid secretion, you can get stomach ulcer.
· Alcohol or spicy food- Consuming alcohol or spicy food items can cause hyperacidity.
· Stress and Anxiety- Individuals to emotional imbalance like stress or anxiety have higher incidence of acidity in their body.
· Untimely/ irregular sleeping patterns- Not sleeping on time and not getting enough sleep and rest for the body can cause hyperacidity.
Ayurvedic Treatment provided-
· Ayurvedic treatments like Snehapanam(oleation of medicated ghee), Virechanam(medicated purgation treatment), Vastis(medicated enema), Dhanyamla Dhara(Body alkalizer therapy ), etc. will be performed to provide relief from hyperacidity.
· Deepan pachan (digestive and carminative medicines) will be provided by our certified Ayurvedic doctors as they are immunity boosters for your gut and provide permanent cure for hyperacidity.
· Lifestyles changes will be made to follow as it is a part of the therapy provided. Alcohol and smoking should be avoided. Healthy and active lifestyle will be followed.
Dietary changes will be followed- Diet that pacifies pitta will be followed. Proper balanced meal will be provided. Spicy food should be avoided. All four square meals will be provided at our centre. Food should be eaten on time and sleeping after eating should be avoided.
We take care from eating to eliminating all toxins from the body by strengthening your gut power and providing a healthy lifestyle.
· Techniques to reduce stress and anger like yoga and meditation will be performed as it will prove very beneficial for those who are prone to emotional imbalances.
· We at Agni Ayurvedic Village have an experience of 20 years which makes us the best at offering the services required.
· The Ayurvedic treatment offered is time-tested, safe and effective.
· Treatments are performed by our skilled doctors.
· Our treatments not only remove all the toxins of the body but also help you to detoxify and purify the body from within.
· We provide personalized diet plan for our patients.
· The treatments and medicines we provide are natural and holistic.
· Our approach helps remove the odds of a recurrence.
Our Kidneys are the vital organs in our body. They help to filter waste (toxins) and excess water from the blood. For overall health and general wellbeing, it is important to maintain your kidney’s health. Here are 5 Do’s and Don’ts you need to follow that will help to maintain the health of your Kidneys. 5 Do’s to Keep your Kidneys Healthy-
· Keep yourself hydrated– Even though very cliché, this will always be the first and the most important tip on keeping your kidneys healthy. It is recommended to drink at least 2-3 liters of water every day.
· Do Aerobic exercises or Yoga– It is important to be active and have a healthy body so that the kidneys can function in harmony. Regular aerobic exercises or yoga can help to maintain your weight and prevent getting any diseases that can damage your kidneys.
· Have a Balanced Diet– Having a healthy and balanced diet that provide proper micro and macronutrients will help to have healthy kidneys. Individuals who are obese will be at a risk to developing certain health conditions that can damage their kidneys.
· Get your Sugar & Blood Pressure checked regularly– Another tip to keep your kidneys healthy get yourself regularly checked for blood sugar and blood pressure since people with diabetes and hypertension have high chances of getting their kidneys damaged as the kidneys have to work extra hard to filter the blood and over the years this could damage the kidneys functions.
· Maintain basic hygiene-It is very important to maintain hygiene since if the private areas are not clean this could lead to UTI( Urinary tract infections) and can cause ill-effects to your kidneys.
5 Don’ts to Keep your Kidneys Healthy- · Avoid drinking too much at night– It is recommended not to drink too much water at night as it can lead to a frequent urge to urinate at night which can disrupt your sleep cycle. It is better to drink your fluids during the day rather than at night.
· Avoid aerated drinks & foods that contain excess preservatives– Excess aerated drinks and preservatives will only damage the kidney as they directly lead to diabetes or hypertension. Consuming such drinks can even lead to the formation of kidney stones.
· Don’t self-medicate. Avoid unwanted Medicines and supplements– Common drugs like a painkiller or any supplements taken regularly or without proper consultation can lead to kidney damage. So whenever in doubt always consult a doctor.
· Avoid Protein-rich diet– Although it is vital to consume proteins, excess consumption of proteins can cause ill-effects on the kidneys. Excessive proteins will cause kidneys to work hard on their filtration leading to kidney damage later.
· Do not hold your urge to pee– Never hold your urge to urinate as this could lead to stone formation, causing kidney stones.
. Do not smoke or consume alcohol– Drinking and smoking can cause to slow the process of blood flow to the kidney and can disrupt the functions of the kidney. Kidneys perform the vital function of filtering out toxins and help to keep the organs in optimal condition. This World Kidney Day 2020, let’s make it our priority to follow the tips mentioned above to maintain our kidney health and avoid serious health problems.
Nowadays even virus attacks are more frightening than terrorist attacks. W.H.O. has recently labeled the Coronavirus outbreak as Pandemic. Pandemics are mostly expected if a virus is new, able to infect individuals easily and can spread fast in an efficient way. Coronavirus seems to check all of those points. With no fruitful vaccine or treatment, holding its spread is vital.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a group of viruses that can cause illnesses ranging from the common cold to severe problems mostly related to respiratory infections like acute respiratory syndrome, pneumonia, organ failures, and even death. Cases of COVID-19 is been reported positive in many countries, wherein India there has been 73 positive reported cases. Overall it has affected almost 100,000 individuals where the mortality rate has reached to 3.4%.
Symptoms of Coronavirus– The coronavirus mostly attacks individuals who have a compromised immune system, infants, older adults and those with other medical issues specifically pertaining to respiratory systems. These are the common symptoms-
· Cold and runny nose· Sore throat· Cough· Headache· High fever· Shortness of breath or difficulty in breathing
Causes– It spreads by the droplets released when the person with the infected virus coughs or sneezes.
Prevention– These are the certain preventive measures you can take to prevent yourself from this disease.
Wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer more often.
Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow when you cough or sneeze. If using tissue, dispose of it after use. Or use a mask wherever you travel. Also, wash or clean the mask regularly.
If your hands aren’t clean, avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with it.
Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
Clean and disinfect surfaces you often touch.
Stay home if you’re sick and avoid public places.
Visit the doctor if you have had any contact if the infected person or have had a travel history to the infected countries as mentioned in the W.H.O. site.
How Ayurveda and Food and help to prevent the disease?
According to Ayurveda building, our immunity is the best way to fight any virus. It is better to invest time in your health and build your immunity. Here are some points that should be followed to increase immunity-
· Include Ayurvedic herbs like Ashvagandha, Vasa, etc. as it builds and strengthens your immune system and overall wellbeing. It is advisable to take any Ayurvedic doctor consultation before consuming them. For more information on Ayurvedic herbs contact us or your nearest Ayurvedic doctor.· Chavanprash is considered to be very beneficial when it is included in your diet. Chavanprash acts as a universal immunity booster and can be consumed by anyone at any age.· Eat home-cooked food and avoid from eating out.· Include items like fenugreek seeds, pepper, garlic, ginger, carom seeds, turmeric, neem, tulsi, etc. in your diet to increase your immunity.· Include fruits and vegetables that have vitamin A and C in them like berries, oranges, Indian gooseberries(amla), lemons, grapes, papaya, guava, etc.· It is important to wash thoroughly all the fruits and vegetables if you are going to consume it raw. It is preferred to wash them in warm water with turmeric or rock salt.· If eating non-vegetarian food then make sure it is cooked thoroughly.· Always eat fresh or steaming hot items instead of cold or frozen food.· Basic health routines like aerobic exercises and yoga should be done to improve lung capacity. Morning walks from 9 am to 11 am is very useful to get proper vitamin D.· You can take bath the neem infused water or rock salt infused water.· You can also use neem infused water to washcloths.
Today it is Coronavirus, Tomorrow it could be anything else. It is not in our hands to control such outbreaks and get paranoid about it. The best thing we can opt for is to build and strengthen our immunity system by following a healthy and hygiene lifestyle.
Dhara– pouring lukewarm liquid as a continuous stream over the entire body (sarvanga) or the affected area (ekanga).Ksheer- Medicated milk
This therapy is highly beneficial for vata and pita related dosha. Headaches, stress, insomnia and anxiety are cured with this Ayurvedic treatment. It nourishes the skin and gives a lustrous appearance. It calms the whole body by providing cool and relaxing effect. It has proven effective in certain cases of arthritis and other joint problems. In certain neurological conditions especially those accompanied by burning sensation and numbness, Ksheera dhara Ayurvedic treatment is found to be highly beneficial.
The benefits of Ksheera Dhara are for · Proper blood circulation of the body and· Relaxation of the mind, as well as· Lubricating the joints, relieving pain, spasms and stiffness of the muscles and joints.· Relieves from headache, migraine, stress, insomnia and anxiety· Induces sleep· Helps in regulating the functions of the pituitary gland Procedure- After massaging with lightly for about 5-10 minutes, the person is made to lie down in horizontal position on the table.It is the process where the lukewarm medicated milk is made to flow in a slow rate over the forehead for a particular time or the whole body with synchronised soft massage. The milk is heated till it becomes lukewarm. This lukewarm medicated milk is poured into the dhara vessel placed above the forehead of the individual. The medicated milk flows from the forehead to the scalp and hair which is accompanied by a light relaxing massage. For ksheera dhara over a whole body lukewarm medicated milk is poured in a constant rate over the followed by a gentle massage. For bookings and more details please visit our website. You can also contact us on +91 75066 50605 / 06
ProcedureThe individual is made to sit in a relaxed position. A delicate oil rub is given to the head with natural ayurvedic oil. A natural paste is arranged after carefully evaluating the state of the individual. The paste is applied over the scalp in a layer of a thickness of about 0.5 to 1 centimeter. Then the head is covered with the banana leaf or a lotus leaf and is secured with a cloth named varthi. Towards the finish the paste is removed; a delicate head massage is given.
Length of the treatment 30 minutes to 45 minutes relying upon the condition of the patient.
Advantages· Advances nerve agitation · Calms stress and nervousness · Diminishes the disturbed pitta · Diminishes the consuming impression of scalp · Advances mental and physical unwinding · Advances sound rest · Fixes dandruff reduces hair fall and stops premature greying of hair and male pattern baldness · Successful in hypertension the executives · Improves shine and smoothness of hair · Improves memory · Unwinds restores and feeds the head and neck locale · Relieves Chronic headache · Relieves Neurological issue
Mukha meaning Face in SanskritLepam meaning exotic Ayurvedic herbal paste
The herbal and organic ingredients in a customized Ayurvedic Mukhalepam contain the perfect mixture of nutrients that add radiance to your skin.
It slows the signs of aging, dodges fine lines and wrinkles and provides a good skin tone.
It prevents pigmentation and discoloration of facial skin and is valuable in the treatment of conditions associated with sunburn.
The recipe of the lepam is chosen after analyzing the skin type of the patient and the precise requirements he or she needs.
Procedure and Length of the Treatment
The application of an interesting customized herbal paste on the face for a period of time is known as Mukhalepam. It is a simple Ayurvedic skin care treatment that consists of applying freshly prepared facial creams and massaging them onto the face. The herbal and organic face pack contains different herbs made into a paste. It takes about 15-30 minutes depending upon the condition of the patient.
Advantages of Ayurvedic Mukhalepam· Helps in treating and preventing acne.· Helps in fighting Psoriasis.· Helps in fading of pimples.· Helps to reduce any marks or discoloration on the skin.· Calms down any pain and itchiness related to skin infections.· Helps to relieve from skin injuries.· Increases blood flow which helps in glowing of skin.· This therapy increases the prana (vital energy) which enhances the skin keeping it fresh and alive.
It is a ball & socket joint and in this condition, the joint capsule bounds the shoulder joint & becomes tight & form adhesions of scar tissue in this condition. This can result in pain, weakness & immobilization in the shoulders. Panchakarma Treatment is very powerful for Frozen Shoulder. It is a condition that affects the shoulder joint and results in restriction of movement in the Shoulder joint.
Causes: Frozen shoulder occurs when the capsule that surrounds the shoulder joint becomes swollen and congealed. It’s uncertain why this occurs. The shoulder is a ball and socket joint. The end of your upper arm bone sits in contact with the socket of your shoulder blade. The shoulder capsule is fully stretched when you raise your arm above your head and hangs down as a small pouch when your arm is lowered. In frozen shoulder, bands of scar tissue from inside the shoulder capsule, causing it to thicken, swell and tighten. This means there is less space for your upper arm bone in the joint, which limits movements.
Sign & Symptoms: The area of motion is reduced. Numbness in hands & fingers is observed. Crushing or burning sensation during any motion of the shoulder.
· Discomfort, Weakness & loss of mobility.· ·
Phases of Frozen Shoulder: · Freezing phase – This is the most painful stage. Here the movements are restricted for 2-3 months.
· Frozen phase – Here the pain reduces but stiffness is observed and is increased for 1 month.
· Throwing phase – Here degeneration is begun.
In Ayurveda, it is known as AVABAHUKAM.
Ayurvedic treatments are very useful for the cure of Frozen shoulder.Abhyangam(Full body massage), Podikizhi(Herbal Powder Massage), Elakizhi(Medicated Leaves Potli Massage), Dhanyamla Dhara(Anti-Inflammation treatment), Pizhicil(Oil pouring massage), Ekangadhara(Local Dhara), Navarakizhi(Medicated rice potli massage), Nasyam(Nose instillation therapy), Lepam(herbal paste), etc.