Detox is a fixated catchphrase of our times. A popular word. Well, the point is not many have given a thought to what the word, Detox, conveys in letter and spirit. Detox is simply a process by which our body gets rid or eliminates toxins from our body that are harmful to our body and disrupt our body’s natural function in several ways.
There are basically six major organs in the body that aid in the body’s natural process of detox. The six organs are the liver, the kidneys, lungs, the lymphatic system, the colon and the skin.
The skin is the largest organ of our body. It is a natural detoxifier by default, ridding toxins via sweat, all the time. But, did you know that your skin needs to have detox in order to stay healthy? There are four major contributing factors that affect our skin in day-to-day life.
- Air pollution – which may cause loss of elasticity of the skin, disruption of one’s skin tone, or lead to skin cancer, among other disorders
- Stress – Stress is said to cause excess oil production on the skin – this may cause slow cell turnover
- Products build-up on the skin – The skin may show irritation (redness) and look dull – this is often caused due to the increased use of cosmetics
- Smoking and alcoholism – They may restrict the flow of blood to the skin and lead to toxic build-up on the skin.
At Agni – Ayurvedic Village, you will undergo skin detox to remove the toxins from your body and the skin. There are special treatments available at the Ayurvedic retreat center. They are:
- Abhyangam. This encompasses the use of warm oil for a full body massage
- Navarakizhi. This consists of a nourishing treatment, where therapeutic massage with a mixture of Navara Rice (medicated rice), milk and medicines using bolus, is done, alongside Potali over the knee
- Pizhichil.This involves the ‘squeezing’ of warm medicated oil onto the body of the patient. To relieve stress from the inside out.
The purpose is to usher in healthy blood circulation in the body, to cleanse the skin and to bring about natural detox. This excellent protocol is an age-old natural rejuvenation therapy that revs-up and jazzes-up your skin while balancing the major dosha, pitta from your skin.
consult with our wellness expert today call us on +917506650605/06 or visit: https://www.ayurvedicvillage.com