This is a condition faced by a large number of people, but there is still a lack of awareness among them. A lot of people who feel dizzy or faint, casually brush it under the carpet considering it uneventful. Several of them aren’t even aware of the underlying cause, and this may cause severe repercussions in the future, if not taken care of. Unlike hypertension, hypotension cannot be supported entirely with medical aid. Ayurveda will help you align your lifestyle, daily and seasonal routine that will help you solve this condition.
Hypotension is blood pressure lower than a person’s expected healthy blood pressure range.
For most people the average normal level of bp is 120/80 mm of hg.
Low blood pressure is generally anything under 90/60mm of hg.
With hypotension there is low blood flow through the body which leads to less distribution of oxygen and nutrients throughout the body.
It is common in women more than in men.
If blood pressure remains too low for too long it can be life threatening.
- Lack of focus and concentration
- Dizziness/ light headedness
- Cold hands and feet
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Decrease in blood volume
- Alcohol consumption
- Endocrine disorders
- Side effects of certain medications such as pain-killers, diuretics, anti-anxiety drugs, anti-depressants etc.
- Less sodium intake
Ways to deal with:
- Proper hydration
- Exercising regularly pumps up your blood circulation.
- Sun bath
- Almond milk (1 glass every morning)
- Soaked raisins (8 to 10). Raisins have nutrients which help adrenal gland to maintain blood pressure.
- Vitamin c rich fruits like guava, amla, oranges, lemon, berries etc along with apples, pomegranate, carrots, beetroots, dates and figs are an excellent remedy and can be inculcated in your daily diet as it facilitates absorption of iron and helps rebuild the blood cells and regulates blood volume and blood pressure.
- Regular Padabhyangam i.e foot massage improves blood circulation in the entire body. Use our agni arogya padabhyangam oil which is our in-house preparation which is 100% natural and traditional Ayurvedic handmade product.
- A mixture of dry ginger powder (shunti) and licorice root powder (yashtimadhu) with honey after breakfast is effective in regulating low blood pressure and its anti-inflammatory and anti-clogging properties promote blood circulation.
- Balarishtam, ashwagandharishtam, ashwagandha choornam or capsule and other brihanam (nourishing) medicines are very effective for people suffering from hypotension.
- Please consume these medicines only after consulting a licensed Ayurvedic doctor.
- Please feel free to consult with our doctors