Owing to our poor lifestyle and unhealthy eating habits, most of us today suffer for Diabetes. Science reports suggest that it cannot be cured. However, with the help of Ayurveda, it can be controlled and curbed so it doesn’t create any more health issues for you in the future. Almost majority of people who have a hectic schedule and work stress are cursed with Diabetes Treatment. If this disease is not diagnosed on time, it tends to have harmful impact on our internal organs.
If you don’t treat Diabetes immediately, critical organs like kidney, joints, or heart can soon turn to be dysfunctional. Some of the common organ failures that occur as a result of being diabetic for a prolonged period include Diabetes retinopathy a condition resulting in partial or complete loss of vision and Diabetes neuropathy, a condition in which nerve damage occurs.
However, Ayurveda can prove to be extremely helpful in such cases. Ayurveda extends its healing touch to patients depending upon their needs and requirements. However, Ayurveda follows a pronged approach to treating every patient suffering from the disease. Some of its treatment methods are:
- Shodhana to remove body fat
- Thakradhara to overcome weakness
- Njavarakkizhi to help in gaining strength
- Udharthana for patients who are overweight
- Abhyangam which entails bathing regularly with herbal medicinal oils for healthy eyes, skin and bones.
Along with Ayurveda, Yoga too can positively stimulate the functionality of pancreas, which is associated with cells related to insulin. Some particular asanas, breathing techniques, and mudras have an impact on pancreas, leading to stimulation of blood glucose levels.
You can adopt any of the following asanas to help you with diabetes:
- Makarasana – stimulates kidney function, activates bladder and digestive system and counters diabetes.
- Halasan – compresses abdomen, stimulates pancreas, promotes healthy thyroid and prostate gland functioning.
- Matsyendrasan – tones spinal nerves, ligaments improves digestion, stimulates pancreas
- Dhanurasana – reduces abdominal fat and obesity.
- Paschimottasan – impacts spine and internal abdominal organs.
Since Yoga incorporates various invigorating and calming poses along with breathing exercises is perfect way to counter diabetes.