Frozen Shoulder is also known as Painful Arc Syndrome. It is a condition which affects the shoulder joint and results in immobilization of the Shoulder joint. It is a ball & socket joint, the joint capsule that surrounds the shoulder joint becomes contracted & form adhesions of scar tissue in this condition. This can result in pain, weakness & loss of movement at the shoulders. Panchakarma Treatment is effective for Frozen Shoulder.
Frozen shoulder occurs when the sleeve that surrounds the shoulder joint, known as the capsule, becomes swollen and thickened. It’s unclear why this happens. The shoulder is a ball and socket joint. The end of your upper arm bone (humerus) sits in contact with the socket of your shoulder blade (scapula). The shoulder capsule is fully stretched when you raise your arm above your head and hangs down as a small pouch when your arm is lowered. In frozen shoulder, bands of scar tissue from inside the shoulder capsule, causing it to thicken, swell and tighten. This means there is less space for your upper arm bone in the joint, which limits movements.
Sign & Symptoms:
- Pain, Weakness & loss of movement.
- Grinding or popping sensation during movement of the shoulder.
- Range of motion will be reduced.
- Numbness & tingling of hands & fingers.
Stages of Frozen Shoulder:
- Freezing Stage – Most painful stage; movements are restricted for 2-3 months.
- Frozen Stage – Pain reduces; stiffness increase for 1 month
- Throwing Stage – Degeneration starts.
In Ayurveda, this condition is known as APABAHUKAM. Panchakarma treatments for Frozen Shoulder/Apabahukam are mentioned below:
- Dhanyamla Dhara,
Get in touch with us for your Frozen Shoulder. For More Information Visit: Ayurvedic Village