Many people still have no idea that depression is not a low mood. It is not a sad feeling or a rough time, that one can just ‘get over it’. Depression is a serious illness that impacts both physical and mental health. Though the exact reason is still unknown, it can deduced that prolonged periods of difficulties are likely the cause of depression.
Women are 70% more likely than men to experience depression, and young adults aged 18–25 are 60% more likely to have depression than people aged 50 or older. Hence, taking medications can cause more harm than good. Most of the times, they only subdue the effect of such feelings instead of treating it. Also, there are many harmful side effects associated with Allopathic medicines for clinical depression.
That is why Ayurvedic Village suggests you to try stress management looking out for solutions which are safe. We bring you few simple Ayurvedic remedies that have natural healing abilities.
- Ever heard of the saying, “The early bird gets the worm”? Well, if you are feeling down, it is best advisable to wake up at the crack of the dawn. The first rays of sunrise contain ultraviolet rays that are considered as mind stimulators and mood dilators.
- We cannot stress Management enough on Yoga therapy. No matter what, take time out of your time for yoga. Poses like Shavasana, Yoga Nidra and Pranayam especially the Anulom – Vilom and Bhramari Pranayam are going to work wonders on your mental health.
- For induce positivity in your life, opt for Vegan diet which is more Saatvik. Include more seasonal fruits, vegetables and sprouts in your diet.
- Aromatherapy acts beneficial too. You can add a few drops of lavender oil in your bath or burnt in your room. It aroma will acts as a deterrent to negative and sad thoughts in your mind.
- Ayurveda herb named Ashwagandha can help lift your mood. Or skilled Ayurvedic treatment doctors can prescribe Saraswatarishta and Brahma Rasayana that are of great aid to fight against this disorder.
- And finally, the one advice that all depressed people might have tired of hearing, yet is still effective is keeping occupied mentally during the day in any creative activity that makes you feel happy and positive is mandatory.
If depression goes untreated, it can last for a long time and worsen other illnesses. Hence, getting a treatment is extremely crucial.