Ayurveda & Weight loss
If you know your Greek mythology, you’ll know that the people of Rome worshiped Goddesses who were depicted far from skinny. Aphrodite, the Greek Goddess of love and beauty herself carried more than a few curves. During those times, beauty was conceptualized in being a little plump whereas nowadays, in order to be deemed beautiful, one has to stay far away from the pudding sections, unless of course, it’s made out of grass.
The term “Eat like a king” means to eat whatever and how much ever you want regardless of what others may think and feel. And that’s ok, no one gets a say when you’re fulfilling your appetite or just a mere lust of the tongue. But, after a certain point, when you keep indulging in those sweet sins of gluttony without paying the price of a few laps every now and then, you’ll start to notice that your physical abilities are getting reduced as well as your energy levels, making you much slower in your personal race to reach your goals.
Ayurveda tips for weight loss:
There are a few herbs known to kick-start weight loss in Ayurveda. Adding some of them to your daily intake of meals would help you to lose those extra kilos much faster without the need to cut down on your favorite foods. Some of them are:-
- Methi (Fenugreek) – Methi or more commonly known as Fenugreek seeds are a wonderful source to get rid of that extra fat. They help in digestion and more importantly, increase the metabolism rate of the body. Fenugreek seeds contain Galactomannan, a water-soluble component that provides a high satiety value, in other words, makes you feel much fuller for a longer period of time.
- Guggul (Commiphora Mukul) – Tea made out of Guggul is very effective in weight loss as it contains a plant sterol known as guggulsterone which helps in the body’s metabolism rate and lowering the cholesterol levels.
- Vijaysar (Pterocarpus Marsupium) – The bark of Vijaysar tree is known to have various medicinal properties that help to manage digestion, diabetes, and obesity. Its fat reducing properties are found to be quite effective in burning stubborn fat.
- Triphala – Triphala is an ancient ayurvedic herbal mix made from dried fruits that help in digestion and rejuvenation. It has cleansing properties that help to get rid of all the toxins accumulated in the body.
- Dalchini (Cinnamon) – A cup of cinnamon tea right in the morning is very effective in burning fat as it found to stimulate the body’s metabolism rate as well as to get rid of belly fat.
Ayurvedic Village offers a unique traditional Ayurvedic weight management and metabolic boost program. Our specially designed ayurvedic diet and weight management therapies, mainly panchakarma, will help you manage your weight and boost your metabolism. Panchakarma is a scientifically proven ancient detoxifying technique that is wisely tailored to cleanse your body.
We aim at guiding and taking you towards an enduring lifestyle change which will prove to be a boon to your overall well-being and happiness.
If you find pleasure in devouring delicious treats, no one gets to take that away from you. Just make sure you work out, stay fit and take enough rest so that you can continue to do so for a very long time to come.