Water – a resource that we take a lot more granted than it deserves. Keeping our body hydrated is one of the important functions of the body which regulates the blood pressure, body temperature and digestion. However, hydration doesn’t mean just sipping loads of water, but it comes from a diet high on water.
The most common way of hydration is drinking water orally, but about 20 per cent of our intake comes from foods, especially fruits, vegetables, drinks and broths. Along with other benefits, not many know that water is also a great mood enhancer. Even a mild dehydration can affect on your mood and energy levels. When your brain is functioning on a full reserve of water, you will be able to think faster, be more focused, and experience clarity and creativity.
Water is considered vital for muscle strength and lubrication of joints. Water composes 75 per cent of our muscle tissue! So, if your body’s water content drops by as little as 2 per cent, you will feel fatigued. When you’re well hydrated, water provides nutrients to the muscles and removes waste so that you perform better.
Here are a few foods that help your stay hydrated.
- Zucchini : The water content in Zucchini is 95%. It is a good source of vitamin A, C and K. It is best beneficial when eaten raw since cooking Zucchini leads to loss of water.
2. Lettuce : Many experts suggest eating more lettuce instead of spinacy as it has higher amounts of fibre, folate and vitamin K. Crispy iceberg lettuce has the highest amount of water in the lettuce family.
3. Bell peppers : Along with being a great source of vitamin C, Bell peppers are one of the vegetables with a huge content of water.
4. Carrots : Carrots have a great amount of betacarotene that prevents cancer. With almost 90% of water, they are also a rich source of vitamin A and C.
5. Strawberries : Among other berries, strawberries have highest water content. They are also good for preventing inflammation, chronic illness, and are beneficial for eyes, skin and nails.
Want to know more about how to keep your body hydrated this summer click here for quick Online consultation or Call on 7506650605/06.