Dengue is a tropical born disease , spread by Aedes mosquitos . The incubation period of dengue virus over humanbeing is 3-4 days. The symptoms are high fever, headache, vomiting, muscle and joint pains, and a characteristic skin rash – known as Break bone fever. In Some cases , the dengue develops into a life-threatening hemorrhagic fever, resulting in bleeding through nose, throat and gums. This infective condition will leads to reduction of platelet count in blood, blood plasma leakage and or into Dengue shock Syndrome.
In Traditional Ayurveda dengue is describes as Dandaka jwara in an ancient text Madhavana nidana , with the same symptoms described above. it can be cure from life threatening condition by increasing the immune system of body with the help of Ayurvedic herbal remedies such as:-.
- Consuming lots of fruits and vegetables containing vitamin ‘C’ ie. Avla (Indian gooseberry), Lemon , orange , giloy juice, ginger , cabbage, broccoli , Tomato, cucumber etc.
- To contain fever consuming green tea by adding lemon, dry ginger, cinnamon is helpful.
- Consuming Food like rice gruel(Rab), rice porridge(Khichadi)is also helpful.
- Drinking lots of water boiled with basil leaves, dry ginger, fenugreek is recommended.
- Eating 1015 basil leaves by twice in a day- good to increase platelet count in the blood and reduces fever.
- Drink tender Papaya leave extract.
- Medicines such as Amruthotharam Kashayam ,Chukkum thippalyadi gulika, sudarsanam tablet ,sudarnasavam, amritharistam. It’s recommended to be taken after consulting registered medical practitioner.
- Ayurvedic village cure Dengue with Ayurvedic treatment and give relief from this.