Ayurvedic Abhyangam Therapy
Abhyangam is a general body massage. It works mainly with muscles. It utilizes various techniques to release tension in muscles anywhere in the body. While some massage can be done on a clothed body, it is preferable to work directly on the skin. Massage relaxes muscle and relieves body tension, while at the same time improving circulation. The sedative or stimulating effects of massage help to control general body tensions and lessen contractions, spasms, and muscle tightness.
Benefits of Abhyangam Therapy
- Increases blood circulation
- Enhances vision
- Stimulates the internal organs of the body
- Reduces stress
- Beneficial for arthritic conditions
- Balances the metabolism and the digestive fire
- Slow downs the aging process and maintains health of the skin and hair, as it promotes blood flow and prevents wrinkles.
- Improves flexibility of the body
- Strengthens the body
- Rejuvenating and aphrodisiac.